Sunday, January 11, 2009

Talk about some trips

Recently I had been to Japan and Beijing, and I would like to share some things that I had seen overseas which are interesting, but may not be new to you all..

I arrived in Japan on New Year day, and they have a tradition of inviting guests to drink Sake on New Year. Thus I had my first experience of drinking Sake, in Japan somemore! I was very excited about it actually, hehe. The hotel offered us one cup of Sake each when we arrived. It somehow tasted like Vodka, but it was less pungent (I think) and very smooth to drink.

Conclusion: It was quite nice, and it should taste better if it was hot. :)





The "mountain" of Sake cups at the hotel.








The Japanese are a very civilised group of people (let's not mention about history here..). Just like the local Taoists who would go to the temples to pray for good luck and good fortune in the year ahead, the Japanese also flock to their temples during New Year to pray. And they are very very "guai"...they queue up to go into the temple! Some of the queues are even in single-file...goodness...I don't think we will ever see that in Singapore anytime soon..




But this is a picture of the crowd squeezing to queue before they reached the temple.











Then on New Year day, the group of us had a gathering at the hotel for New Year dinner, as organised by the company. So for the whole night we ate, drank and watched TV...
























Oh next is Beijing...went there with my "training classmate"..was super happy and excited about the flight..cos I do not need to work as much, and it's my first time to Beijing! Too bad, due to time constraints and weather restrictions, I do not have the chance to sightsee over there...
I shall wait for summer, or when the weather is not as cold...and I will brave my way to The Forbidden City, and Tiananmen Square! Wait for me! :D

No comments: