Sunday, June 03, 2007

Happy Birthday to me!

Haha...what a 不要脸 post title...

Had a very happening and fun-filled birthday yesterday...
Meeting with AJ alumni at AJ for the AJ Cultural Night performance at 9am. Then went for AJ alumni choir practice at AMK CC. (Met my S'pore Society tutor there, and he didn't recognise me...stupid and “热情” Hiangky went up to say hi, leaving my tutor feeling puzzled, and embarrassed Hiangky had to explain to him that he taught me before in NUS 2 sems ago...haha...)

Anyway, many people turned up for choir practice! Haha...and when I went in, they sang birthday song for me! Wheegeok bought me a birthday cake too, I don't know who else chipped in, but thank you no matter what! The cake is really DELICIOUS! It's a raspberry and chocolate mousse cake, and tastes good.... *Hiangky drools* =P


Pretty and delicious cake! Blessed Hianky! =D

Had practice as usual and we sang quite a few songs...including 2 songs for the Dumpling festival performance..some Cuckoo Bird song (it's really called lidat, I'm not trying to be funny here hor..) and 宇宙小毛球 the cartoon theme song! Nice song! :D Plus our choir theme song No Importa La Distancia (Go the Distance) Spanish version (isit Spanish? or something else? haha..), Budak Pantai's 月亮代表我的心, Blue Moon, Sigulempong and Walking In the Air...it was great singing with the choir... =)

Went to have lunch at J8 with them...plus Libing..walked around J8 before the 2 of us headed down to Bugis to walk...went to Haji Lane again!! And Liping and Huixian joined us shortly, Daniel too! Had ice-cream at one of the shops there...crapped a bit, then went to a Turkish restaurant to eat...

Bing and I trying out dresses at Haji Lane..secretly took these photos in the changing room..haha...and yes, we share 1 room..cos there's only 1 changing room! Haha...

She's very chio right? =P

This dress is nice too, but I find it a little too long, it's over my knees, and I scared I'll look short. =S
I need to get a dress for my brother's wedding next month. The thing is, I will be going up on stage because I'm being "invited" to be the Mandarin host for the dinner..my co-host will speak "Engrish" of cos, haha...
Ok, back to the subject. The restaurant is cool, food is..erm..special..haha..but the kebab is damn damn nice! And the most awful thing we tried..the Yogurt drink! All of us disliked it..haha...

Very exotic decor..

This is what we see when we look up from where we're seated...
The disgusting Yogurt drink! But the cup is cool sia? haha.. It looks like milk from the picture though...

Our bread and cold dish...looks nice? These are not bad... =D
Too busy eating to take other photos of food le..haha
Liping, Huixian, Me, Libing and Daniel..the background is nice! EXOTIC...haha..


My third birthday cake this year! Chocolate cake too! Haha..all 3 cakes I had had contained chocolate...Hopefully it's a sweet sweet year for me! =D
Delicious... =P

I carried this lovely sunflower everywhere I went for the whole of yesterday...given by Bing...
*Muackz* ;)

After dinner we went to Hark Music School to watch Yingzhi perform! It's a showcase for the students there, so we watched a few others sing too...
She's simply one of the best la...good showmanship and voice! Many of the singers there also 'voted' her to be the one with the greatest potential to be a singer...
So gal, JIAYOU!! =D

Lastly, met Willy at Orchard because he wanted to pass me my birthday present...and it's a top from GUESS! OMG..must be super expensive...
Hey dude, I know you are working la..but don't spoil market leh..lidat your birthday I will go "pock" leh! LOL..just joking! Really thanks a lot! =P

It's a fantastic day spent...I'm glad I've taken many photos...haha..
So many friends to thank...and to my family too..My parents wished me happy birthday once I reached home..and I happily shook my Dad's hands when he wished me...then I thought...hmm..a bit weird hor? haha...
Weird Hiangky..
But...fantastic weekend over le..it's back to work tomorrow! Urgh...Monday blues again...haha..






















No comments: