Monday, January 28, 2008

Weekend gone...

I'm going to start teaching Chinese to non-Chinese students @ Teck Whye Secondary School today! So exciting, I'm very curious about the kind of students that I am going to meet. Hee..

Will I be strict to them enough? Will I be too 'soft' and let them have a chance to climb over me? Scared. Not scared of the kids but scared that I would not be able to teach well. :S
Oh wells, shall give my best later, I just hope my voice would not be sacrificed. Haha!

Oh, if you think that your Chinese and Han Yu Pin Yin is not bad, and you are interested in teaching, let me know! $45 per 1.5hrs. Probably slightly higher if they assign you to other secondary schools. I was told that the school that I will be going to teach at is one of the poorest schools in Singapore, hence the rate is lower. Ok la, $45 is not bad liao, imagine working as admin or customer service, 1 hr is only $7, and $7 is considered the higher end of a temporary job pay already. Haha..

Anyway, Taiwan trip planning is more or less done. :D TAIWAN, wait for me!!!

Went for interview yesterday, on a Sunday, some of you would have known what interview is it. I shall not divulge it yet, because the time is not ripe, wahaha!
I've been through like 3 rounds, and left 1 final round, but too bad for me cos by the time I can go for the final round, we were told to go for it another day cos it was quite late (4plus pm) already and they are going to end the interview sessions soon. Haiz. Felt that I've wasted a lot of time, cos there are simply TOO MANY applicants and what we do most of the time is WAITING...WAITING...WAITING... :S
I feel nervous during every round, especially the first one. After that, I feel more or less numb, and tired...
But 1 of the rounds was quite fun, but I can't explain what is it yet. After the final round then I tell you...hehe..

But if I got it, I don't know if I'll feel really happy or not. It's not that Im not interested in the job. But it will take up a lot of my time, and I heard that politics is very common, haha...especially time for my family and friends, which is very important to me. I guess it's time I really grow up and get out of my comfort zone. Hmm...it will really be a good training for me..Provided I get the job of course.
I feel very paiseh towards my friend too, because I managed to get through the rounds and she didn't. And she is the one who is even more interested in getting the job than I do...I don't know how to face her. She is so disappointed, and I felt sad too. The thing is, I can't say anything, I can't even console her. Every word that I say to her will make me sound like 我在讽刺她。I'm not saying that she will definitely feel this way, but I am saying from my point of view. I just feel that the more I say anything, the more I will be hurting her...haiz.. :(

There were even moments that I thought I should fail the last round or forego the last round of interview, so that I will be on the same ground as her again. But the thought of spending half of my Sunday just for this interview, I felt that it would be stupid of me not to go for it. :S

Don't worry, I will go of course. If I told my friend that I'm not going, she will scold me for being stupid too. Haha.

So the interview will be held on Tuesday afternoon @ 1.45pm. Damn it, I got lesson from 2-5pm lor! Sorry my dear CL gang, don't think I will be able to go for 苏老师's lesson on Tuesday liao. Even if it ends early, and I cheong cab down, I think the earliest I could reach is 3plus, but I seriously don't think that it will be so fast..hmm..

I shall go and prepare to teach liao! Wish me good luck! :D

No comments: