Thursday, January 17, 2008

School start liao!

Ok, I haven't been blogging for a week...was busy doing my ISM proposal..paiseh...hee..

The weekend before my school starts was definitely well-spent. Met up with the juniors last Thursday to celebrate Hui Ting, Zheng Kai and Zhan Yong's SUPER BELATED birthday (their birthdays are in November) at AMK Hub's New York New York, and it was fun-filled and happening..they are really funny...
:D

Then Sat went for choir...practising for the AJ Choir Concert in May...hopefully our songs are allowed... :)
Although I won't be singing for that (most prob will be in Taiwan then.. :P), just go and sing so that my voice won't turn too rusty, and in case the song would be sung at other occasions..so it's better to learn.. :)

Then went to Kee Lee's house with Li Bing for steamboat and stayover!!
But I'm the only one who stayed cos Bing's parents don't allow.. :(
So I slept in the guestroom alone...for the first time...
Before that we watched youtube and talked on msn with some friends...
Don't know when we'll have a complete stayover session again..hmm..one year later perhaps.. Joyce Tan you better come back I tell you!! haha..

On Sunday, I went for a KTV session with the Star Dust group, Marvin, Jiahui and Kevin...it's been a few months since we last met..
Nice singing with them! And the guys are crazy, they managed to sing girls' songs quite well also..can't stand the fact that some guys have much greater range than we girls..haha :S
But singing with them was really fun, cos we tried out Japanese songs and Hokkien songs! haha! Jiahui made each of us sing a Hokkien song! The only song I know best is 《望春风》!! haha..and I purposely sing like Theresa Teng...so fun...haha..

Pics are up on facebook, wanna puke blood uploading here...keep having errors... :(

Anyway, my ISM proposal is finally up! I didn't know Dr Ong will be so 随便 with the proposal..made me felt so stressed about it...in the end he just tell me that it's just a formality...so it's ok to do differently in reality...no need to follow strictly...haha..

He is damn nice la! Last week when I looked for him to talk about ISM, he even stood up and sent me to the door before I leave! Touched man...although he didn't do that today..haha..cos I just went into the room to let him sign the document and rushed off, and he was busy with his work too...

And I saw his profile on the NUS website...he graduated from Harvard Uni with a Ph.D and I guessed he's about 37 years old at least now ba! But he looked damn young! 他很会保养..haha..I wonder if he has kids...cos he never mentioned about them before..and I'm not so close to him to the extent that I can KPO so much..although I'm curious..hehe..

Just realised teachers in the Chinese department are very nice...most of them looked very friendly and approachable to me today, don't know why...maybe except for the newcomers...haha...don't really like the new teachers...but well...im not taking their modules and I won't be taking them anymore...so, who cares? haha..

Ok, 发够花痴了...actually it's quite weird to 发花痴 about teachers too...cos teachers are meant to be respected, and the furthest extent is admiration...that's all...
:)

Lessons were ok, cos 1st week mah, only introduction...so the mood was a relaxed one too..Understanding the Universe seems interesting, the lecturer didn't speak very fluent English, but she is rather hunourous at times...she can say something out of a sudden and make us laugh...

Dr Ng: When you use the telescope to see Jupiter, you'll see the parallel bands made up of blah blah blah...when you use the telescope to see Saturn, you'll be able to see the famous Saturn ring...etc...
When you use the telescope to see the sun, you'll GET PERMANENT EYE DAMAGE....
Students: Bwahahahaha!!!

Ok, perhaps it's hard to demo here just by using words...but you can imagine a female lecturer talking normally and she pops out the last sentence, when you expect her to say, "you'll see...", but instead she says, "you'll get eye damage". It really lightened up the whole boring and quiet atmosphere...

Selected topics in the Chinese Verse is supposed to be damn boring too..luckily Dr Su from Taiwan is interesting and humourous...and with the occasional use of Hokkien in class, it really felt very 亲切...how come teachers nowadays like to use dialect in class so much? haha..but he only said a bit la...so not so bad...ok..that's about all..too many words liao...eyes tired hor? haha..

Alright, Chen Xiangji, jiayou for the last semester of your uni life ba! :D

No comments: