Wednesday, December 19, 2007

BBQ time!

Had a great BBQ with the CL(aka Chinese Lang) gang yesterday...
I just realised I'm the only Chinese Studies major around...please correct me if I'm wrong...haha!

Caren organised the BBQ, and it was held at Pasir Ris park...
We arrived at 4 to wait for the BBQ wholesaler to bring us the food, and it was drizzling, so some of us sat under the shelter and chit chat...
And some other group of kids were playing music from their handphones, yes kids, I think we were the oldest group of YOUTHS there...wahaha!
EVERYONE was shocked to see my new hairstyle...and they all thought something happened to me..haha..
我失恋了!受了沉重的打击,所以我决定剪头发……但那已经是半年前的事了好不好……哈哈!
Nah, no special reason for wanting to cut hair...felt like cutting eons ago, just that I'm waiting for my perm to last longer..haha..extend its worth mah..haha!

Anyway, I started the fire! :D With the help of the only male --> Raymond and the girls of course..who were constantly looking at me working seriously to get the damn fire started, haha..and trying to help to fan, get starters etc..and of course, 苦口婆心地 warn me to be careful with my hands...
and stupid me really got burnt..by a harmless-looking black charcoal which I thought was a new piece (the tongs sucks so I would prefer to use my hands as much as possible). So I ended up with a sore index finger on my right hand...起了大水泡!
*sob sob*


Sorry for taking so long to start the fire people! :P
And thank you heaven for stopping the rain in time for all of us who were BBQ-ing there! :D

More pics



Caren and Raymond serious at work...eh..dun act serious lor..haha!


Look at the sizzling smoke!
The first fire we had was basically hot red amber..not much fire at all..but food was great, cos it wont 'chao-ta', (turned charcoal)..haha...(trying to find excuse for lousy and small fire...

I took super long to start the 2nd fire..but patience is rewarding...the fire was just nice..great for cooking satay! :D


Me and my burnt finger and charcoal-plated hands.. yay.. :)


Stingrays and sotongs! Yum!!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

seriously.. I only realised now that you are the only one from CH! haha...